Sunday, July 25, 2010
Chocolate Date Nut no bake cookies/bar
20 Minutes to Prepare
* Dates or Plums, 1 cup, pitted, chopped
* Walnuts, 1 cup, chopped
* Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened, .25 cup (or one scoop chocolate Shakeology®)
* Natural peanut butter, 2 tbsp
* Granola, .25 cup
* Banana, fresh, .5 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)
* Coconut, shredded unsweetened, 3 tbsp
Place the dates, walnuts, cocoa powder, peanut butter and banana in a food processor and blend well. Add granola and pulse a few times to incorporate into the mix.
Shape approximately 1 tablespoon of mix into a ball and roll in the flaked coconut (optional). Place in an airtight container and refrigerate.
I add a variety of nuts and also dried cranberries and will not always roll in coconut. I also use premade granola and most of my ingredients are organic by choice. Chocolate Shakeology® can also be used to add a tremendous amount of nutrition to this cookie.
Number of Servings: 24
* Amount Per Serving
* Calories: 78.6
* Total Fat: 4.9 g
* Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
* Sodium: 0.9 mg
* Total Carbs: 8.4 g
* Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
* Protein: 1.7 g
at 9:07 PM