|It only looks scary and alien, tastes great however.|
Beef Roast with Root Vegetables
(Via Robin Miller/Food Network)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery root (celeriac), peeled and chopped
- 1 (5-pound) boneless beef roast, trimmed of fat ( I use a 2 lbs roast as 5 lbs is too big for 2 people)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
DirectionsArrange onion, sweet potatoes, parsnips and celery root in bottom of slow cooker. Season beef all over with salt and black pepper. Rub flour all over beef. Place roast on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
Whisk together tomatoes, maple syrup, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder. Pour mixture over beef.
Cover and cook on LOW for 12 hours or on HIGH for 8 hours.
Remove beef from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks, serve with vegetables like you would pot roast.