- 2 pounds ground beef, 90% lean
- 1 cup of ground pork or sweet Italian Sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1/8 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup broth
Calories per meatball: 68
Carbs: 2 g
- I like to add a dash or two of hot sauce to my mix and use salsa thinned with water in place of the broth.
- The sauce I tend to cook my meatballs in is made from a 28oz can of crushed tomato (or fresh), 1-1/2 Tbsp of Oregano, 2 Tbsp of chopped Parsley and 1 clove of minced garlic. The calorie count above doesn't reflect the sauce.
- Ground Chicken or Turkey can be used in place of the Italian sausage, you can make your own easily by added your own spices.